Wednesday 8 May 2013

Mortgage Loan Modification Program to Stop Foreclosure and Make Monthly Payment Affordable

There we were, my family and I, preparing to move out of our home of ten years because the crashing economy had caused both my wife and I to lose our jobs within the same year. I blame it on the economy and not myself because we worked in the auto industry where huge downsizing took place and thousands of employees were let go. Thankfully the auto industry is beginning to get back on its feet and I have found employment again, but it didn’t help a couple years ago when I couldn’t afford to pay the mortgage on our house and our lender had threatened to foreclose. It was a horrible time. We had two young children and had everything you could think of for a happy household. This certainly would have been disastrous had we not had the ability to stop the foreclosure.

How did we stop the foreclosure? Through a new program set up by the government to help home owners avoid foreclosure. I would never have known of this program had I not visited a website called credit-yogi.com. I can’t remember exactly, but I think I was looking for credit card advice and happened upon this site which also held expertise in many things debt related. As a result they introduced me to the HAMP government program. HAMP stands for Homes Affordable Modification Program and is designed to allow lenders and homeowners the ability to negotiate new parameters for an existing mortgage loan, as long as that loan was signed before January 1, 2009. Whereas before there was little incentive for a lender to go back on their deal and work something out with you, now the government will financially encourage them to make a new deal. I had little experience negotiating, but the people at credit-yogi.com said they could do most of the negotiating for us if we wanted, or they could introduce us to people in our area that could help. When we finally gathered our materials and presented this possibility to our lender we were surprised to learn that they would be willing to negotiate a new mortgage with us. They said there were benefits for everyone.


  • The lender is more assured that they will get their money paid back in full.
  • They can avoid a foreclosure and the added expenses of reselling the home, often at a greatly reduced value.
  • You will be able to negotiate a new payment plan for your existing mortgage that can be lower in principal, interest rates and monthly payments.

By avoiding foreclosure with  loan modifications we also saved ourselves from the possibilities of having bad credit. We worked directly with out lender and  loan modification companies to work out a new deal. If you are looking for mortgage loan modification help I would suggest starting at credit-yogi.com


No comments:

Post a Comment